Staying Connected During COVID-19
Here are some of the innovative library services and programs in the Northwest during the COVID-19 library closures:
- Hazelton District Public Library has a beautiful locally drawn colouring sheet posted on their Facebook page, available for download.
- Houston Public Library is offering curb-side pickup of materials. Call ahead to order your books and pick them up at the door.
- Prince Rupert Library has created a virtual book club called “Have You Read?” and are answering reference questions via their online form.
- Pete the Puppet from Smithers Public Library is going on weekly field trips. View his first storytime and field trip: “Pete on the Farm!”
- Kitimat Public Library Association (and many of our other libraries) is offering new library card registration and renewal from home.
And of course, all of our libraries have an amazing suite of online resources that are accessible from home, from Ancestry to Zinio. Expanded resources are being added all the time as providers respond to the crisis, so check in regularly with your library.